Eyes are indeed the most attractive feature on our face. Big, bright eyes add the unspeakable splendour and magnificence that everyone carves for. By bringing the focus on your eyes you can easily camouflage other facial features that are not too attractive. This is the reason much attention is given on them while doing makeup too.
Eyeliners help to define our eyes in a most attractive way. Even in the most natural makeup look the use of eyeliner cannot be neglected. But, not all of us have the time or patience that is required to use eyeliner. It is this impatience that has sparked the idea of eyeliner tattoo.
An eyeliner tattoo, as the name suggests, is the permanent lining of the eyes by tattooing. If you do not like the natural shape of your eyes, you can always get the desired shape with the help of such a tattoo.
Procedure and aftercare of permanent eyeliner tattoo:
• After selecting the colour and undergoing the allergic test, topical cream is applied on the skin to make it numb.
• Then with the help of a sterile needle, the tattoo pigments are inserted on the areas discussed before i.e. either on the lower eyelids, or the upper eyelids, or both.
• Once the process is complete you are required to pay attention to your eyeliner tatto to preserve its beauty for longer.
• Swelling, pain and itchiness are few signs that you will surely notice after getting the tattoo done. The intensity of these may however vary from person to person.
• Apply cool compress to trim down the uneasiness. Also, do not scratch or apply any cosmetic product on your eyes until your tattoo has healed completely.
If tattooing isn’t your cup of tea then you can go for another option available in the market today - eyeliner stickers. As the name suggests they are stick on products that can be applied or removed easily at home. You can create different styles without the fear of smearing, smudging, or fading like regular eyeliner.
Tips to wear eyeliner stickers:
• Clean your eyelids and pat dry. If you have oily lids then clean them with an astringent based toner so that they are dry and fit for your eyeliner sticker.
• Now take your sticker and measure (just like your fake lashes), cut off any excess to fit your eye.
• Remove the protective clear transparent cover and place the tattoo face down on to the desired applicable area. The closer it will be to your lash line the better the outcome will be.
• Fill in the gaps if any between your lash line and the eyeliner sticker with your regular eyeliner to get the desired look.
• Rub your eyeliner sticker with baby oil or cotton soaked in alcohol and then wait for atleast 10 seconds before wiping it off.
Pros and Cons of eyeliner tattoos and stickers:
• Eyeliner stickers are free from smudging or fading issues. As far as eyeliner tattoos are concerned they do fade with time.
• They are available in various shades and designs.
• Some people may be allergic to adhesive used on stickers or pigments used in the permanent method.
• Removal of permanent tattoos is very difficult and painful process whereas stickers can be easily removed.
• With the permanent method you are stick with the design fo a long time whereas the stickers can be changed as and when you want.
Hope these points will help you evaluate them better and make a right decision.